Local authorities around the Solent working together for a better future for South Hampshire
We are a partnership of twelve local authorities around the Solent that aim to improve the environmental, cultural and economic performance of the South Hampshire area.
We work with partners to dissolve the boundaries of individual local authorities – to successfully meet challenges together – and to make the most of the opportunities that can be shared across the wider south Hampshire area. Our partners include the Solent LEP, other government agencies, infrastructure bodies and many others.
The Partnership for South Hampshire (PfSH) focuses on three key areas of work:
- Housing (duty to cooperate, nutrient mitigation, strategic flood risk assessment)
- Energy and green environment (Greenprint for South Hampshire) (Bird Aware Solent)
- Cultural and creative industry initiatives (Creative Network South). Enhancing quality of life by facilitating a diverse and vibrant cultural offer, using culture and heritage to create a sense of identity and distinctiveness
Formed in 2003, PfSH is a great example of local authorities, local partners and government agencies working together for the benefit of the people of living in, working in and visiting the region.
Despite our ever-changing environment, PfSH maintains its successful track record in meeting its priorities and focusses on adding value to what we consider will help to make our region thrive. PfSH’s business plan identifies the following focusses for its work – which cut across the boundaries of individual local planning authorities:
- Sustainably increasing the supply of new homes and the required infrastructure to support them (PfSH does not create the housing numbers or the need for new homes – it is the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) that sets out the minimum number of new homes required of PfSH authorities through its standard methodology)
- Supporting the creative and digital sector
- Supporting energy and green environment initiatives
- Developing joint services in areas of work with which PfSH is engaged